Re: wl1251 NVS calibration data format

From: Pali RohÃr
Date: Sat Dec 24 2016 - 07:58:07 EST

On Saturday 17 December 2016 12:14:50 Pali RohÃr wrote:
> I will try to play with driver if it is really truth!
>
> I already looked into original TI's multiplatform HAL driver for
> wl1251 chip (big mess) and found there that there is wl1251 command
> to read mac address from chip. It could be done by this wl1251
> function:
>
> wl1251_cmd_interrogate(wl, DOT11_STATION_ID, mac, sizeof(*mac))
>
> (same id as for setting permanent mac address, but opposite to read
> it)

Confirmed! Calling that function (before setting real linux mac address)
returns MAC address 00:00:20:07:03:09.

Changing NVS data at position 0x1c-0x21 changes also what above function
returns.

So really at position 0x1c-0x21 in NVS data is stored MAC address (in
reverse order). Just default is some unknown 00:00:20:07:03:09.

So MAC address is really part of NVS data.

--
Pali RohÃr
pali.rohar@xxxxxxxxx