Auto-conversion of watchdog drivers to use devm functions

From: Guenter Roeck
Date: Sun Jan 01 2017 - 18:53:35 EST

Hi Wim,

With heavy support by Julia Lawall, I created a number of coccinelle scripts
to auto-convert watchdog platform drivers to use devm functions. The result
is quite impressive - many drivers won't even need remove functions anymore
after the conversion.

Question is now how to submit the patches. There are 12 rule files affecting
a total of 62 drivers. Should I submit one patch per driver (62 patches),
one patch per rule (12), or one patch per rule file per driver (183) ?

Also, how should I refer to the rules ? The total number of rule lines
is more than 1,000, which seems to be a bit much for the commit log (even
though not all rules apply to all files).

Thanks,
Guenter