Re: kernel 4.9 iwlwifi startup error

From: Andrew Donnellan
Date: Mon Jan 02 2017 - 21:42:46 EST

On 02/01/17 21:12, Fabio Coatti wrote:
Hi all,
I'm using kernel 4.9 and maybe half of the times I boot my laptop I get the
error reported below, and the wifi does not work. I have to remove iwlwifi (like
modprobe -r iwldvm iwlwifi) and insert it again to get things workig again.
This seems a bit random, it does not happens all the times so it could be a
timing issue or even a flaky hardware (unlikely, as I see only this issue with
wifi, once it starts it works just fine)
I'm pretty sure to have seen the same behaviour at some point in 4.8.X
release, but right now I lost the related notes.
Environment:
Distro: gentoo
gcc 5.4.0
HW: Hewlett-Packard HP EliteBook Folio 9470m/18DF, BIOS 68IBD Ver. F.63
04/26/2016
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3427U CPU @ 1.80GHz
Network controller: Intel Corporation Centrino Advanced-N 6235 (rev 24)

Of course if more info is needed, just drop me a note.

I'm not subscribed to mailing lists, so please keep me in CC: for any
information request.

Many thanks.

I've so far seen this once on my laptop, a Samsung NP540U3C (don't have it with me right now, so I'm not sure what the wifi chipset is), running with a Debian 4.9 kernel.

--
Andrew Donnellan OzLabs, ADL Canberra
andrew.donnellan@xxxxxxxxxxx IBM Australia Limited