Re: imx: RS-485 problems during TX, maybe DMA related

From: Fabio Estevam
Date: Sat Jan 07 2017 - 09:57:24 EST

Hi Clemens,

On Sat, Jan 7, 2017 at 11:45 AM, Clemens Gruber
<clemens.gruber@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It should work like this, I don't think using an extra GPIO is
> necessary.

The MX6QDL_PAD_CSI0_DAT16__UART4_CTS_B option is only valid in dte mode.

If I pass 'fsl,dte-mode' then I can see this pin toggling. (rx, tx
would not work as expected).

In the default dce mode I can see UART4_CTS_B pin toggling when I
monitor CSI0_DAT17 pin and configure it as:

MX6QDL_PAD_CSI0_DAT17__UART4_CTS_B

,but unfortunately this pin does not go to the TXEN pin of the RS485
transceiver.

So this means that with the hardware I have access to my only
alternative is to set MX6QDL_PAD_CSI0_DAT16__GPIO6_IO02.

>> So I was never able to observe the DE pin toggling correctly.
>
> But did you set SER_RS485_RX_DURING_TX in your flags? This is counter
> intuitive, but I observed that it would not work otherwise.

Yes, I have also tried when I read your email, but did not help on my case.

Thanks,

Fabio Estevam