Re: lkp: make.cross: old aarch64-gcc has been removed

From: Will Deacon
Date: Thu Jan 12 2017 - 07:00:14 EST

Hi Fengguang, Masami,

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 11:31:57AM +0800, Fengguang Wu wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 07:08:40PM +0900, Masami Hiramatsu wrote:
> >BTW, I found that the old toolchain is archived in release.linaro.org.
> >So I made a patch for that.
>
> So there are gcc 4.9, 5, 6 versions available for aarch64. Since the
> build robot nowadays uses debian's packaged gcc-6-aarch64-linux-gnu,
> it should be better to use gcc-6 in make.coss to better reproduce
> reported regressions:
>
> http://releases.linaro.org/components/toolchain/binaries/latest/aarch64-linux-gnu/gcc-linaro-6.2.1-2016.11-x86_64_aarch64-linux-gnu.tar.xz
>
> There are some other files there and I'm not quite sure if that's the
> right URL to use. CC aarch64 maintainers for possible inputs.

If you're looking for a stable url to grab the latest Linaro binary
toolchains, then it's probably best to ask somebody from the Linaro
Toolchain Working Group. I've added Ryan Arnold to cc, since he should
be able to help.

Ryan: the background is that the Make.cross script [1] hardcodes a path
to a Linaro binary toolchain that no longer exists, so it would be good
to replace it with a stable link pointing to the latest build. Is the one
suggested above correct?

Will

[1] https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/wfg/lkp-tests.git/plain/sbin/make.cross