Re: Linux 4.9.7

From: Greg KH
Date: Sat Feb 04 2017 - 02:59:29 EST

On Fri, Feb 03, 2017 at 11:07:08PM -0500, Ed Tomlinson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Any reports of 4.9.7 breaking X?
>
> I run arch and keep it up to date. With todays updates and 4.9.7 built here
> X will not start kde correctly. Reverting to 4.9.6 fixes things. Config is
> the same for both builds. I have three btrfs patches and the BFQ 4.9.0-v8r7
> patchset applied on top of stable git's 4.9.{6|7}.
>
> Suggestions on what to look for or to try reverting (via git)
>
> xorg-server is 1.19.1-1
> xf86-video-amdgpu 1.2.0-2
> mesa is 13.0.4-1
>
> kernel is x86_64

There was a report of a PCI issue affecting 4.9.6, and the fix for that
should be hitting Linus's tree soon (if it's not there already), but I
haven't heard anything about problems with 4.9.7.

Like the others said, if you could use 'git bisect' to track down the
offending problem, that would be wonderful.

thanks,

greg k-h