Re: Linux 4.9.6 ( Restore IO-APIC irq_chip retrigger callback , breaks my box )

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Sat Feb 11 2017 - 16:33:08 EST

On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 09:58:26PM +0100, Gabriel C wrote:
> Yes , it will hang before tsc message ..
> Also sometimes I have same trace sometimes it just hangs forever.

It doesn't sound like dis_ucode_ldr changes anything. Or maybe it does,
maybe the microcode applies some fix for some erratum or whatnot.

Right, so please disable that splash screen and do a boot video again
without the dis_ucode_ldr option.

Thanks.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

Good mailing practices for 400: avoid top-posting and trim the reply.