Re: [lkp] [x86/acpi] dc6db24d24: BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request at 0000116007090008

From: Dou Liyang
Date: Mon Feb 13 2017 - 03:06:51 EST

Hi Xiaolong

[...]

Sorry for my neglect, the result for fd74da217df7d4bd25e95411da showed no dmesg
because it's incomplete run and has no demsg stat at all.

Is that means:

you have already tested the Linux branch which contains the commit
fd74da217df7d. and it doesn't work well.

Btw, Why the test is incomplete run ?

Yes, We've got plenty test results for kernel that contains fd74da217df7d such as v4.9,
v4.10-rc1, v4.10-rc2...., they all have the same dmesg errors.

Understood! :)

For the incomplete run, it may happen sometimes due to kernel panic during boot time and
0day failed to capture its dmesg stat.

The bug still persists in v4.9, v4.10-rcx, the lastest kernel head,

If the dmesg and stat of the test is NULL, How do you prove that the
bug still exists?

This "dmesg stat is empty" refer to test for kernel image which head commit is fd74da217df7d,
not for all test results.

could you help to check?

Yes, I think we first should make the test with commit fd74da217df7d
work in the specific test machine.

test machine: 72 threads Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2699 v3 @ 2.30GHz
with 128G memory

Am I right? waiting your response.

Yes, currently we just found this issue on a specific machine, and I've queued the
same jobs to other machines to see whether they have the same issue.

I will investigate it.

[...]

Thanks,
Liyang.