linux-next: manual merge of the tip tree with the kspp tree
From: Stephen Rothwell
Date: Thu Feb 16 2017 - 20:51:53 EST
Today's linux-next merge of the tip tree got a conflict in:
ad21fc4faa2a ("arch: Move CONFIG_DEBUG_RODATA and CONFIG_SET_MODULE_RONX to be common")
from the kspp tree and commit:
3ad38ceb2769 ("x86/mm: Remove CONFIG_DEBUG_NX_TEST")
from the tip tree.
I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging. You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
diff --cc arch/x86/Kconfig.debug
@@@ -109,14 -109,17 +109,6 @@@ config DEBUG_W
If in doubt, say "Y".
- config DEBUG_NX_TEST
- tristate "Testcase for the NX non-executable stack feature"
- depends on DEBUG_KERNEL && m
- bool "Set loadable kernel module data as NX and text as RO"
- depends on MODULES
- This option enables a testcase for the CPU NX capability
- and the software setup of this feature.
- If in doubt, say "N"
- This option helps catch unintended modifications to loadable
- kernel module's text and read-only data. It also prevents execution
- of module data. Such protection may interfere with run-time code
- patching and dynamic kernel tracing - and they might also protect
- against certain classes of kernel exploits.
- If in doubt, say "N".
bool "Enable doublefault exception handler" if EXPERT