Re: linux-next: error fetching the ipmi tree

From: Corey Minyard
Date: Sun Feb 19 2017 - 17:26:29 EST

On 02/19/2017 03:00 PM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
Hi Corey,

On Wed, 22 Jul 2015 11:03:31 +1000 Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 21 Jul 2015 18:45:33 -0500 Corey Minyard <cminyard@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 07/21/2015 05:29 PM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
While fetching the ipmi tree
(git://git.code.sf.net/p/openipmi/linux-ipmi#for-next), I get this
error:

fatal: unable to connect to git.code.sf.net:
git.code.sf.net[0: 216.34.181.155]: errno=Connection refused

I have been getting this for a few days now. The http and https URLs
don't work either (for me in Firefox).
Looks like sourceforge had a serious outage on the 18th and are still
working on restoring it. http://sourceforge.net/blog/category/sitestatus/

Would you like me to move this someplace else?
Its not a real problem as long as you don't have any updates for the
tree before SF restore things.
OK, it looks like SourceForge is out again:

$ git fetch ipmi
fatal: unable to connect to git.code.sf.net:
git.code.sf.net[0: 216.34.181.155]: errno=Connection refused

It might be worth considering moving to git.kernel.org if possible and
not too much effort.

Dang, I was hoping SourceForge had cleaned up their act. I can ask for an account on
kernel.org, but I'm not sure I will be able to get one.

I'm in the process of moving userland things I support to github, which seems more
stable than SourceForge. Would that be better?

-corey