Re: LED devices & poll() for brightness attribute

From: Pali RohÃr
Date: Fri Feb 24 2017 - 03:58:15 EST

On Thursday 23 February 2017 22:03:21 Pavel Machek wrote:
> So, if you seriously want to do this, can you
>
> 1) write specification explaining how desktops should poll() the
> brightness files
>
> 2) get someone to volunteer to implement that specification for at
> least GNOME and KDE?

Hm... Probably I should try to implement it myself :-) and look deeply
what I'm proposing...

Hans, you probably already did some changes for hw brightness changed
attribute... Do you have some links or application parts which handle
this for GNOME, KDE or other DE? So I could look at correct application?

IIRC KDE4 uses upowerd for controlling keyboard backlight.

--
Pali RohÃr
pali.rohar@xxxxxxxxx