Re: Kernel bio layer is sending bio size more than our block device is capable of handling

From: Umesh Patel
Date: Fri Mar 03 2017 - 02:16:19 EST

>From the kernel source code i came to know below things.

4.1 kernel version onward
*""nr_pages = min(sdio->pages_in_io, bio_get_nr_vecs(map_bh->b_bdev))""*
line has been removed which was considering max_sectors_kb of queue.

Now new code is something like this* "nr_pages = min(sdio->pages_in_io,
BIO_MAX_PAGES)"*, which is sending 256 bytes of data to our device which we
are not supporting.

Please let me know is there any other place where i can register my
max_sectors_kb to kernel.