Re: [RFC 01/11] mm: use SWAP_SUCCESS instead of 0

From: Minchan Kim
Date: Wed Mar 08 2017 - 01:42:34 EST

Hi Kirill,

On Tue, Mar 07, 2017 at 05:19:33PM +0300, Kirill A. Shutemov wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 02, 2017 at 03:39:15PM +0900, Minchan Kim wrote:
> > SWAP_SUCCESS defined value 0 can be changed always so don't rely on
> > it. Instead, use explict macro.
>
> I'm okay with this as long as it's prepartion for something meaningful.
> 0 as success is widely used. I don't think replacing it's with macro here
> has value on its own.

It's the prepartion for making try_to_unmap return bool type but strictly
speaking, it's not necessary but I wanted to replace it with SWAP_SUCCESS
in this chance because it has several *defined* return type so it would
make it clear if we use one of those defiend type, IMO.
However, my thumb rule is to keep author/maintainer's credit for trivial
case and it seems you don't like so I will drop in next spin.

Thanks.