Re: out of range LBA using sg_raw

From: Martin K. Petersen
Date: Wed Mar 08 2017 - 19:43:24 EST

>>>>> "Kashyap" == Kashyap Desai <kashyap.desai@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Kashyap,

Kashyap> Agree on this point. I am planning to study all possible such
Kashyap> sanity in driver for VD and not trying to fix one specific
Kashyap> scenario as described here. Do you think fix in this area is
Kashyap> good for kernel-stable as well OR just keep in linux-next as it
Kashyap> is not so severe considering real time exposure ? Trying to
Kashyap> understand priority and severity of this issue.

Since you're presumably only handling reads and writes in the fast path,
I assume the sanity checking will be fairly simple and thus a candidate
for stable.

--
Martin K. Petersen Oracle Linux Engineering