Re: [net/bpf] 3051bf36c2 BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request at 0000a7cf

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Thu Mar 09 2017 - 17:49:06 EST

On Thu, Mar 09, 2017 at 11:11:17PM +0100, Daniel Borkmann wrote:
> Yeah, I just tried that out and it had no effect unfortunately, the
> static_cpu_has() was still 1.

Right, just as I thought.

I guess we could return to doing boot_cpu_has() in __flush_tlb_all()
then. I mean, the timing-sensitivity argument is meh - killing global
TLB entries a bit faster doesn't bring me a whole lot when I have to go
and walk pagetable and reestablish them, which is the real price to pay
anyway.

Thanks.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix ImendÃrffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG NÃrnberg)