Re: Does braille console work?

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Fri Mar 17 2017 - 09:04:37 EST

On Fri, 17 Mar 2017 10:40:51 +0100
Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Petr Mladek, on ven. 17 mars 2017 10:35:44 +0100, wrote:
> > Anyway, the feature is not usable at the moment. Samuel, would
> > you be able to fix and test it, please?
>
> Sure, it's already on my TODO list, I will do when I get the time.

Yes please. There's no reason to keep that code if it's been broken for
3 years and nobody noticed. In fact, keeping it may actually make it
more difficult to add accessibility in the future. Methodologies may
change and the old broken code (that we've been complicating all other
code with), may actually become a hindrance to a new methodology.
Either keep it updated, or get rid of it. Getting rid of the
complications it adds to the core code, and let the core code become
more simplified may actually end up being easier to add accessibility
in the future, than keeping the old cruft around.

-- Steve