Re: [locking/lockdep] 383776fa75: INFO: trying to register non-static key.

From: Sebastian Andrzej Siewior
Date: Fri Mar 17 2017 - 10:42:25 EST

On 2017-03-17 14:41:09 [+0100], Peter Zijlstra wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 02:07:05AM +0800, kernel test robot wrote:
>
> > locking/lockdep: Handle statically initialized PER_CPU locks properly
>
> > [ 11.712266] INFO: trying to register non-static key.
>
> Blergh; so the problem is that when we assign can_addr to lock->key, we
> can, upon using a different subclass, reach static_obj(lock->key), which
> will fail on the can_addr.
>
> One way to fix this would be to redefine the canonical address as the
> per-cpu address for a specific cpu; the below hard codes cpu0, but I'm
> not sure we want to rely on cpu0 being a valid cpu.

This solves two problems: The one reported by the bot. The other thing,
that is fixed by the patch, is that the first PER-CPU variable built-in
will return 0 for can_addr and so will the first variable in every
module. As far as I understand it, this should be unique and having the
same value for multiple different variables does not look too good :)
So adding the offset from CPU0 sounds good.

Sebastian