Re: [GIT PULL] PCI: Support for configurable PCI endpoint

From: Niklas Cassel
Date: Wed Mar 29 2017 - 07:43:34 EST

On 03/27/2017 11:44 AM, Kishon Vijay Abraham I wrote:
> Hi Bjorn,
>
> Please find the pull request for PCI endpoint support below. I've
> also included all the history here.
>
> Changes from v4:
> *) add #syscon-cells property and used of_parse_phandle_with_args
> to perform a configuration in syscon module (as suggested by
> Rob Herring)
> *) Remove unnecessary white space.
>
> Changes from v3:
> *) fixed a typo and adapted to https://lkml.org/lkml/2017/3/13/562.
>
> Changes from v2:
> *) changed the configfs structure as suggested by Christoph Hellwig. With
> this change the framework creates configfs entry for EP function driver
> and EP controller. Previously these entries have to be created by the
> the user. (Haven't changed the epc core or epf core except for invoking
> configfs APIs to create entries for EP function driver and EP controller.
> That's mostly because the EP function device can still be created by
> directly invoking the epf core API without using configfs).
> *) Now the user has to use configfs entry 'start' to start the link.
> This was previously done by the function driver. However in the case of
> multi function EP, the function driver shouldn't start the link.
>
> Changes from v1:
> *) The preparation patches for adding EP support is removed and is sent
> separately
> *) Added device ID for DRA74x/DRA72x and used it instead of
> using "PCI_ANY_ID"
> *) Added userguide for PCI endpoint test function
>
> Major Improvements from RFC:
> *) support multi-function devices (hw supported not virtual)
> *) Access host side buffers
> *) Raise MSI interrupts
> *) Add user space program to use the host side PCI driver
> *) Adapt all other users of designware to use the new design (only
> compile tested. Since I have only dra7xx boards, the new design
> has only been tested in dra7xx. I'd require the help of others
> to test the platforms they have access to).
>
> This series has been developed over 4.11-rc1 + [1]
> [1] -> https://lkml.org/lkml/2017/3/13/562
>
> Let me know if this has to be re-based to some of your branch.
>
> Thanks
> Kishon
>
> The following changes since commit 623e87fec8ab7867fb51b3079196bd10718a60ce:
>
> PCI: dwc: dra7xx: Push request_irq call to the bottom of probe (2017-03-22 20:35:30 +0530)
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kishon/pci-endpoint.git tags/pci-endpoint-for-4.12
>
> for you to fetch changes up to e98bf80074be4654faae42fe0f5a622a776b6fdd:
>
> ARM: DRA7: clockdomain: Change the CLKTRCTRL of CM_PCIE_CLKSTCTRL to SW_WKUP (2017-03-27 15:08:22 +0530)

FWIW:
I've tested Kishon's tag pci-endpoint-for-4.12
and PCIe on artpec6 SoC is still working fine.

I also included the DRA7xx PCIe driver in my
kernel so that pcie-designware-ep.c gets built.

My only worry is that the code in pcie-designware-ep.c
is not compile tested if DRA7xx is not selected
(as it is the only driver using PCIE_DW_EP at
the moment).