Re: [Patch V2 2/2] x86/mm/numa: remove the numa_nodemask_from_meminfo()

From: Wei Yang
Date: Sat Apr 08 2017 - 23:12:49 EST

On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 2:48 AM, Borislav Petkov <bp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 06, 2017 at 09:21:47PM +0300, Kirill A. Shutemov wrote:
>> > Long story short, something as trivial as this helps here:
>>
>> Yep. Works for me.
>>
>> Reported-and-tested-by: Kirill A. Shutemov <kirill.shutemov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Thanks.
>
> Now, I'd really like to have more test coverage and be sure this
> "cleanup" doesn't break anything else so Wei, please grab tip/master,
> apply the oneliner from two messages ago, take Kirill's qemu cmdline
> and run all fake numa scenarios you can think of to make sure your
> cleanup doesn't break anything else.

Oops, sorry to bring in the regression with my cleanup.
I haven't noticed there is a kernel command line "numa=fake", which
is the cause of the crash I think.

So from my understanding, I am goting to do these tests:

1. all fake numa scenarios with Kirill's qemu command line
2. Real numa scenarios with following qemu command option
3. Baremetal

One more question, on the baremetal mathine, I can't change the
numa configuration, so there would be only one case. Do you have
some specific requirement?

Well, if I missed something, just let me know :-)