4.11-rc6 and OF_DYNAMIC

From: Tim Sander
Date: Wed Apr 12 2017 - 06:00:38 EST

Hi

I have been testing the 4.11-rc6 kernel on Intel(ex Altera) Arm SOC Cyclone
with dynamic Firmware loading. As i didn't know how to trigger dynamic

OF: DT-Overlay configfs interface
https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/commit/8f1079750ce2fce4c4c2b4f8759ea57c8fb167d3

Now i got the loading of the devicetree overlay working :-)... but only if i enable
OF_UNITTEST. I find this a little strange especially as it slows boot time.
I also tried adding:
select OF_DYNAMIC
to my OF_CONFIGFS patch but this didn't help. Also patching away "if OF_UNITTEST"
config OF_DYNAMIC
- bool "Support for dynamic device trees" if OF_UNITTEST
+ bool "Support for dynamic device trees"
didn't help?

Besides these nitpicks i am really happy to see this in mainline as it really makes working with
dynamic fpga based hardware much cleaner!

Best regards
Tim