Re: [patch 0/6] hwmon/coretemp: Hotplug fixes, cleanups and state machine conversion

From: Tommi Rantala
Date: Wed Apr 12 2017 - 06:43:29 EST

> On Wed, 12 Apr 2017, Tommi Rantala wrote:
>> Resume-from-suspend stopped working in HP xw6600 in fedora kernel
>> 4.10.8-200.fc25.x86_64, while it worked just fine in
>> 4.9.9-200.fc25.x86_64.
>>
>> When powering on the suspended PC, there is no video output, and to
>> recover, I need to reset the machine.
>
> Is there just no video output or is the machine completely frozen? If it's
> not completely dead, then you might be able to ssh into it.

It's completely hosed: not possible to ssh, does not respond to ping either.

I made a quick test with netconsole. After booting with
no_console_suspend=1, and setting the netconsole parameters, I can get
kernel messages (to my android phone) when suspending the machine. But
no messages after the failed resume.

Hmm, might I be able to capture messages over USB serial port...?

-Tommi