Re: [RFC v3 0/5] Add capacity capping support to the CPU controller

From: Peter Zijlstra
Date: Wed Apr 12 2017 - 08:22:40 EST

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 06:58:33PM +0100, Patrick Bellasi wrote:
> Sorry, I don't get instead what are the "confusing nesting properties"
> you are referring to?

If a parent group sets min=.2 and max=.8, what are the constraints on
its child groups for setting their resp min and max?

I can't immediately gives rules that would make sense.

For instance, allowing a child to lower min would violate the parent
constraint, while allowing a child to increase min would grant the child
more resources than the parent.

Neither seem like a good thing.