Re: Doubt on first access for PCIe device

From: abhijit
Date: Fri Apr 21 2017 - 06:07:34 EST

Hi Lorenzo,

Thank you very much for reply.

As you mentioned I noted that, "If a Function must generate a Completion prior to the initial device Configuration Write Request, 0âs must be entered into the Bus Number and Device Number fields"

By above statement this means that completion ID will be 0x0000. For the very first device on any bus, device number will be 0 and function number will be 0.

Isn't completer (for configuration read) packet will be addressing itself instead of root complex with bus, device and function number 0?

Regards,
Abhijit