Re: Heads-up: two regressions in v4.11-rc series

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Fri Apr 21 2017 - 15:00:32 EST

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 7:30 AM, Mel Gorman <mgorman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> The end result was a revert, and this is waiting in AKPMs quilt queue:
>> http://ozlabs.org/~akpm/mmots/broken-out/revert-mm-page_alloc-only-use-per-cpu-allocator-for-irq-safe-requests.patch
>>

> This was flagged to Andrew that it should go in for either 4.11 or if
> there were concerns about how close to the release we are then put it in
> for 4.11-stable. At worst, I can do a resubmit to -stable myself after
> it gets merged in the next window if it falls between the cracks.

This got merged (commit d34b0733b452: "Revert "mm, page_alloc: only
use per-cpu allocator for irq-safe requests"").

The other issue (caused by commit a499a5a14dbd: "sched/cputime:
Increment kcpustat directly on irqtime account") is still open.

Frederic? Revert? But I guess it's something we can delay for
backporting, it's presumably not possible to hit maliciously except on
some fast local network attacker just causing an effective DoS.

Linus