Asmedia USB 1343 crashes

From: Thomas Fjellstrom
Date: Mon May 01 2017 - 09:48:59 EST

I've got a 970 Pro gaming aura motherboard with an Asmedia 1343 Usb 3.1
controller. It's been consistently throwing errors and eventually crashing and
becomming unresponsive.

Even just plugging in one device to the rear port will eventually cause the
controller to die. Usually only takes a few hours for it to completely die.

One of the errors that shows up consistently is:

usbfs: process did not claim interface 0 before use

Later on, devices start to throw errors and eventually everything goes away.

A little while ago, I disabled usb autosuspend and things seem to be behaving.

I'm currently running 4.11-rc7 but the issue appeared on several earlier
kernels as well.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx