ION changes in staging for 4.12

From: John Stultz
Date: Mon May 08 2017 - 20:22:10 EST

Hey Laura,
Wanted to check in on ION changes that landed in the staging merge
for 4.12...

So with these changes, I can no longer get HiKey to boot to graphics.
We had previously been using the dummy ion driver, and I've added the
new config entries for the various standard heaps, but it seems like
things still aren't working.

Was curious if this is an expected hard ABI break, or if I'm missing
something, and if so, maybe how the resulting patches were tested? Is
there any sort of transition document to help folks figure out what
changes they might need to make to support the new ABI?

thanks
-john