Re: new tree for linux-next: uuid

From: Stephen Rothwell
Date: Mon Jun 05 2017 - 10:29:23 EST

Hi Andy,

On Mon, 05 Jun 2017 17:06:45 +0300 Andy Shevchenko <andriy.shevchenko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 2017-06-05 at 10:07 +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> > Meh, thanks.ÂÂThis has been throught the buildbot countless times
> > without a report.ÂÂBut I guess a less generic name might be a good
> > idea to start with.
> >
> > Andy: do you think UUID_INIT/GUID_INIT make sense to your?
> > or _INITIALIZER?
>
> I'm a bit out of context. Where this will be used?

include/uapi/linux/uuid.h (after the uuid lib changes) contains a
definition of the macro GUID() which is probably a bit generic a name
for a uapi include file. It also clashes with a couple of other uses
of that macro name already in the kernel (one of which produced several
warnings in linux-next today).

It produces an initializer for a guid_t (structure).

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell