Re: NULL pointer dereference BUG in check_preempt_wakeup

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Tue Jun 06 2017 - 04:18:28 EST

On Sat, Jun 03, 2017 at 12:45:08PM -0500, Sowadski. Craig wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been having random lockups with my new Ryzen build. I have
> finally setup a serial console and received the Oops info below. I
> have had the problem with 4.10, 4.11, 4.11.2, and 4.11.3, but this is
> the only trap of info I have so I do not know that all my lockups are
> of the same nature. I'm not sure what to investigate to further help
> debug this. Please let me know if there is anything I can provide.

You can try to catch a couple more of those. Please use (it
probably won't matter but still) the tip's master branch here:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip.git

Also, each time, send the whole console output from boot to lockup.
Privately is fine too.

Thanks.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

Good mailing practices for 400: avoid top-posting and trim the reply.