Re: autofs multi-map regression

From: Dick Streefland
Date: Fri Jun 16 2017 - 17:41:23 EST

On Friday 2017-06-16 15:57, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
| I don't believe this is a kernel change.
|
| I dug up an old VM and I was able to reproduce this issue simply
| by installing autofs, and your auto.master and auto.net files.
|
| # uname -a
| Linux ubuntu-16 4.4.0-24-generic #43-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jun 8 19:27:37 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
|
| # ls /net/
| localhost
| # ls /net/localhost/loc
| ls: cannot open directory '/net/localhost/loc': Too many levels of symbolic links
| # ls /loc
| ls: cannot open directory '/loc/': Too many levels of symbolic links
|
| I suspect there is configuration somewhere in your autofs
| configuration. I don't speak autofs well enough to debug the issue at
| this point. But I can conclusively say it was not the kernel commit you
| pointed at, as I see the issue you are reporting and I don't have that
| commit in the kernel under test.

I have a second partition mounted on /loc, that is the reason for the
multi-map autofs setup. With a separate mount on /loc, you won't see
the errors with the old kernel.

Fact is that my setup worked for a long time, and that it stopped
working after the backport of commit 1064f874 to the ubuntu 4.4
kernel.

--
Dick