Re: LTS testing with latest kselftests - some failures

From: Fengguang Wu
Date: Fri Jun 16 2017 - 19:56:36 EST

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 06:46:51PM +0200, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
Kees, please review 47e0bbb7fa98 below.
Brian, please review be4a1326d12c below.

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 11:26:53PM +0530, Sumit Semwal wrote:
Hello Greg, Shuah,

While testing 4.4.y and 4.9.y LTS kernels with latest kselftest,

To be clear it seems like you are taking the latest upstream ksefltest and run
it against older stable kernels. Furthermore you seem to only run the shell
script tests but are using older kselftests drivers? Is this all correct?
Otherwise it is unclear how you are running into the issues below.

Does 0-day so the same? I thought 0-day takes just the kselftest from each tree
submitted. That *seemed* to me like the way it was designed. Shuah ?

Yes in 0-day, we run the kselftest code corresponding to the current kernel.

Thanks,
Fengguang