Re: [ANNOUNCE] v4.11.5-rt1

From: Mike Galbraith
Date: Sat Jun 17 2017 - 04:15:08 EST

On Fri, 2017-06-16 at 12:56 +0200, Sebastian Andrzej Siewior wrote:
> Dear RT folks!
>
> I'm pleased to announce the v4.11.5-rt1 patch set.
> The release has been delayed due to the hotplug rework that was started
> before the final v4.11 release. However the new code has not been
> stabilized yet and it was decided to bring back the old patches before
> delaying the v4.11-RT release any longer. We will try to complete the
> hotplug rework (for RT) in the v4.11 cycle.
>
> Changes since v4.9.39-rt21:
>
> - rebase to v4.11.5

Hi Sebastian,

I noticed a couple things wrt migrate_disable() changes...

During that rebase, migrate_disable() was changed to no longer map to
preempt_disable() for nonrt, but some patches still assume it does. ÂIt
now depends upon PREEMPT_COUNT, the RT workaround in futex.c induces
grumbling in nonrt builds with PREEMPT_COUNT enabled.

-Mike