Re: [GIT PULL] NTB bug fixes for v4.12

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed Jun 21 2017 - 15:06:00 EST

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 7:59 AM, Jon Mason <jdmason@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This was in my ntb branch since June 9th. Previously, it was based on
> v4.12-rc4. Immediately prior to doing the pull request, I did a
> rebase to rc6 to avoid any potential issues you might have applying
> them.

Please don't do that.

There are valid reasons for rebasing, but "just because" is not one of
them. The valid reasons are things like "I noticed that a completely
broken patch had made it into my queue, so I rebased to remove it" or
similar.

One common theme for valid reasons tends to be "..and I needed to
rerun all the testing", so in general I get very suspicious if things
are very recent, because clearly they didn't get very well tested.

Linus