Re: [lkp-robot] [mm] 1be7107fbe: kernel_BUG_at_mm/mmap.c

From: Oleg Nesterov
Date: Thu Jun 22 2017 - 16:51:29 EST

On 06/22, Hugh Dickins wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Jun 2017, Oleg Nesterov wrote:
> >
> > Something like the patch below? Yes, I thought about this too.
>
> Yes, that patch (times 11 for all the architectures)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yes, yes, this is clear to me. But only after you have already explained
this in your previous email ;)

> But my own preference this morning is to do nothing, until we hear
> more complaints and can classify them as genuine userspace breakage,
> as opposed to testcases surprised by a new kernel implementation.

OK. Agreed. Lets wait for the "real" bug report.

FYI. I am still investigating that redhat internal bug report. And yes,
it was the real application. But. I still think that it fails by another
reason, just the test-case they provided doesn't match the reality and
it hits another (this) problem by accident.

Oleg.