Re: Spurious touchpad events with closed LID

From: Pali RohÃr
Date: Thu Jun 29 2017 - 03:31:17 EST

On Thursday 29 June 2017 00:44:27 Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On Wed, 2017-06-28 at 22:15 +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
> >
> <snip>
> > While policy normally belongs to userspace, I'd argue this is
> > workaround for a hardware bug, and in-kernel solution would be
> > acceptable.
> >
> > Anyway, disable attribute would be nice first step.
>
> It's already fixed for those of us on recent distributions. The
> "ID_INPUT_TOUCHPAD_INTEGRATION=internal" touchpads will be disabled
> when the lid is closed, when libinput is used to process the events.

But this does not fix other usage of /dev/input/* and also does not fix
pressing spurious keys in linux virtual tty (ctrl+alt+f1). So it is not
a fix.

Also important question is: How you detect which input device is
"internal", non-removable part of notebook and which one is external?

You can have external USB touchpad, and also you can have external PS/2
keyboard connected to docking station (which was e.g. my situation).

Also there are PS/2 to active USB converters, to make whole situation
complicated.

And moreover some internal notebook keyboards are connected via USB and
some touchpads via i2c/smbus.

I think this detection is not easy or at least I have no idea how to do
properly. Existence of PS/2 keyboard does not mean it is internal and
existence of USB keyboard does not mean it is external.

Maybe ACPI/DSDT provides some information? (No idea, just asking)

--
Pali RohÃr
pali.rohar@xxxxxxxxx