[PATCH] mux: remove the Kconfig question for the subsystem
From: Peter Rosin
Date: Tue Jul 04 2017 - 01:54:23 EST
The MULTIPLEXER question in the Kconfig might be confusing and is
of dubious value. Remove it. This makes consumers responsible for
selecting MULTIPLEXER, which they already do.
Signed-off-by: Peter Rosin <peda@xxxxxxxxxx>
drivers/mux/Kconfig | 15 +++------------
1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)
My thinking was that I wanted it to be possible to select
mux drivers before any mux consumer was selected. I also
wanted to avoid one question for each of the mux drivers
when the whole thing is not needed most of the time...
But ok, is something like this what you wanted?
diff --git a/drivers/mux/Kconfig b/drivers/mux/Kconfig
index 7c754a0..96d364e 100644
@@ -2,18 +2,7 @@
# Multiplexer devices
- tristate "Multiplexer subsystem"
- Multiplexer controller subsystem. Multiplexers are used in a
- variety of settings, and this subsystem abstracts their use
- so that the rest of the kernel sees a common interface. When
- multiple parallel multiplexers are controlled by one single
- multiplexer controller, this subsystem also coordinates the
- multiplexer accesses.
- To compile the subsystem as a module, choose M here: the module will
- be called mux-core.
+menu "Multiplexer support"
@@ -57,3 +46,5 @@ config MUX_MMIO
be called mux-mmio.