Re: perf script: Question: Python trace processing script contains the tid of the process in the common_pid attribute

From: Arun Kalyanasundaram
Date: Wed Jul 05 2017 - 12:22:14 EST

Hi Arnaldo,

Thank you for your reply.
I actually meant tracepoint event handlers: def
trace_unhandled(event_name, context, event_fields_dict)
The dict parameter contains an attribute "common_pid" which is
actually the "tid" of the thread. There are no other attributes that
contain the actual pid of the process. So, I was wondering if this is
something intentional? If not I can share a patch to fix this.

Best,
- Arun