Re: [GIT PULL] printk for 4.13

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed Jul 05 2017 - 21:15:18 EST

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 5:44 PM, Sergey Senozhatsky
<sergey.senozhatsky.work@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> PRINTK_NMI_DEFERRED_CONTEXT_MASK calls into vprintk_deferred(), which
> does vprintk_emit(0, LOGLEVEL_SCHED, NULL, 0, fmt, args). and
> vprintk_emit() LOGLEVEL_SCHED is nothing, but printk_deferred(), which
> never calls into the scheduler and does not even try to lock console_sem.

Hmm. Ok. I think I see what you're saying. We're just adding it to the
log buffer, but not actually going through the whole "lets see if we
can push it further".

So I will take another look tomorrow, right now I'm feeling a bit
merged out for the day,

Linus