Re: [git pull] vfs.git pile 6

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Jul 06 2017 - 19:33:01 EST

On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 2:11 AM, Al Viro <viro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [6 more piles tonight with several more left for tomorrow]

Tiny side note (since I'm starting to look at this pile soon): it
would be nice if your subject line had the very short "this is what
it's about" thing to it too.

I don't mind the numbering at all, but it would be good if the subject
was something like

[git pull] vfs.git pile 6: DRM compat ioctl handling

and then I'd have the summary for my initial explanation line:

Pull DRM compat ioctl handling updates from Al Viro:
"... full explanation goes here ..."

because as it is, I often end up in MakeShitUp(tm) mode.

Anyway, your current pull requests are fine too, and not really a problem.

I'd just thought I'd mention this small convenience when I get the
summary there. And I just like seeing it in my subject list, because
that is the overview of what I have pending when I do my usual mailbox
search criteria for "git pull".

Linus