Re: [GIT] Networking

From: Sowmini Varadhan
Date: Mon Jul 10 2017 - 08:10:21 EST

On (07/10/17 18:05), Herbert Xu wrote:

> Hmm, I can't see the problem in af_alg_accept. The struct socket
> comes directly from sys_accept() which creates it using sock_alloc.
>
> So the only thing I can think of is that the memory returned by
> sock_alloc is not zeroed and therefore the WARN_ON is just reading
> garbage.

Then it is odd that this WARN_ON is not triggered for other sockets
(e.g., for TCP sockets), though it happens easily with AF_ALG.

But it's not sock_alloc() - that function is returning a properly
zeroed ->sk.

The reason that the WARN_ON is triggered is that af_alg_accept() calls
sock_init_data() which does

2636 if (sock) {
:
2639 sock->sk = sk;

So we can do one of the following:

1. drop the WARN_ON(), which makes true leaks hard to detect
2. change the WARN_ON() to WARN_ON(parent->sk && parent->sk != sk)

#2 assumes that all the refcount book-keeping is being done
correctly (there is the danger that we end up taking 2 refs on the sk)

--Sowmini