Re: fscrypt request_module() deadlock

From: Herbert Xu
Date: Wed Jul 19 2017 - 00:59:27 EST

On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 04:17:47PM -0700, Eric Biggers wrote:

> While that should solve the problem, isn't it possible to actually have a module
> which supplies an algorithm like "xts(aes)"? In that case it wouldn't be
> desirable to instantiate the generic "xts" template.

Well, in the case where only xts and aes are built into the kernel
I think we have to use that instead of going to request_module as
otherwise we cannot avoid the dead-lock that is the subject of this
discussion.

If you want accelerated xts(aes) to work while building generic xts
and aes into the kernel then you should also build the accelerated
xts(aes) into the kernel (or load the manually once modules can be
loaded).

Cheers,
--
Email: Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>