Re: Yes you have standing to sue GRSecurity

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Sun Jul 30 2017 - 05:47:51 EST

On Sat 2017-07-29 22:55:22, David Lang wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Jul 2017, Paul G. Allen wrote:
>
> >>It's not even clear that there is infringement. The GPL merely
> >>requires that people who have been distributed copies of GPL'ed code
> >>must not be restricted from further redistribution of the code. It
> >>does not require that that someone who is distributing it must
> >>available on a public FTP/HTTP server.
>
> what I have seen reported is that they are adding additional restrictions,
> that if any of their customers redistribute the source, their contract with
> grsecurity is terminated.

Question is if this is legal thing to do.

Because if it is, there could be other "more interesting" abuses of
the GPL (*), and we may want GPLv4 to fix it.

Pavel

(*) Such as: you give us million dollars. You are free to distribute
the sources under the GPL, but if you do, our contract ends and we
will not be returning the million.