Re: RCU stall when using function_graph

From: Daniel Lezcano
Date: Wed Aug 02 2017 - 08:42:50 EST

On Tue, Aug 01, 2017 at 08:12:14PM -0400, Steven Rostedt wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Aug 2017 00:15:44 +0200
> Daniel Lezcano <daniel.lezcano@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Can you bisect this? It may be due to this commit:
>
> 0598e4f08 ("ftrace: Add use of synchronize_rcu_tasks() with dynamic trampolines")

Hi Steve,

I git bisected but each time the issue occured. I went through the different
version down to v4.4 where the board was not fully supported and it ended up to
have the same issue.

Finally, I had the intuition it could be related to the wall time (there is no
RTC clock with battery on the board and the wall time is Jan 1st, 1970).

Setting up the with ntpdate solved the problem.

Even if it is rarely the case to have the time not set, is it normal to have a
RCU cpu stall ?

--

<http://www.linaro.org/> Linaro.org â Open source software for ARM SoCs

Follow Linaro: <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Linaro> Facebook |