[PATCH] drivers: pci: Add in description of pci_set_power_state
From: Piotr Gregor
Date: Wed Aug 02 2017 - 15:45:49 EST
Add two reasons of returning 0 value to the description
of the pci_set_power_state to include the cases when:
- the transition is to D1 or D2 but D1 and D2 are not supported
- the transition is to D3 but D3 is not supported.
Signed-off-by: Piotr Gregor <piotrgregor@xxxxxxxxxxx>
drivers/pci/pci.c | 2 ++
1 file changed, 2 insertions(+)
diff --git a/drivers/pci/pci.c b/drivers/pci/pci.c
index af0cc34..9528781 100644
@@ -892,7 +892,9 @@ EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL(__pci_complete_power_transition);
* -EINVAL if the requested state is invalid.
* -EIO if device does not support PCI PM or its PM capabilities register has a
* wrong version, or device doesn't support the requested state.
+ * 0 if the transition is to D1 or D2 but D1 and D2 are not supported.
* 0 if device already is in the requested state.
+ * 0 if the transition is to D3 but D3 is not supported.
* 0 if device's power state has been successfully changed.
int pci_set_power_state(struct pci_dev *dev, pci_power_t state)