Re: Switching to MQ by default may generate some bug reports

From: Mel Gorman
Date: Tue Aug 08 2017 - 07:27:18 EST

On Tue, Aug 08, 2017 at 06:43:03PM +0800, Ming Lei wrote:
> Hi Mel Gorman,
>
> On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 6:30 PM, Mel Gorman <mgorman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > o I've queued a subset of tests with Ming's v3 patchset as that was the
> > latest branch at the time I looked. It'll take quite some time to execute
> > as the grid I use to collect data is backlogged with other work
>
> The latest patchset is in the following post:
>
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-block&m=150191624318513&w=2
>
> And you can find it in my github:
>
> https://github.com/ming1/linux/commits/blk-mq-dispatch_for_scsi.V4

Unfortunately, the tests were queued last Friday and are partially complete
depending on when machines become available. As it is, v3 will take a few
days to complete and a requeue would incur further delays. If you believe
the results will be substantially different then I'll discard v3 and requeue.

--
Mel Gorman
SUSE Labs