Re: 4.13.0-rc4 sparc64: can't allocate MSI-X affinity masks for 2 vectors

From: Christoph Hellwig
Date: Tue Aug 22 2017 - 02:35:11 EST

On Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 01:35:49PM -0700, David Miller wrote:
> I ask because the commit log message indicates that this failure is
> not expected to ever happen on SMP.

I fear my commit message (but not the code) might be wrong.
irq_create_affinity_masks can return NULL any time we don't have any
affinity masks. I've already had a discussion about this elsewhere
with Bjorn, and I suspect we need to kill the warning or move it
to irq_create_affinity_masks only for genuine failure cases.

> We really need to root cause this.
---end quoted text---