[ANNOUNCE] v4.11.12-rt13

From: Sebastian Andrzej Siewior
Date: Tue Sep 05 2017 - 10:53:01 EST

Dear RT folks!

I'm pleased to announce the v4.11.12-rt13 patch set.

Changes since v4.11.12-rt12:

- Merging Anna-Maria's "hrtimer: Provide softirq context hrtimers"
series. Merging this series enables the removal of almost all
hrtimer related patches in the queue. What is left is the "force
switch" of all timers to the softirq context (except a few special
ones) and a wait-queue to wait until a timer is completed.
The overall diffstat compared to -rt12 is
amazing. We have RT wise the same functionality with 78 lines less
of code.

Known issues
- There was a report regarding a deadlock within the rtmutex code.

The delta patch against v4.11.12-rt12 is huge can be found here:

https://cdn.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/4.11/incr/patch-4.11.12-rt12-rt13.patch.xz
https://git.kernel.org/rt/linux-rt-devel/d/v4.11.12-rt13/v4.11.12-rt12

You can get this release via the git tree at:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rt/linux-rt-devel.git v4.11.12-rt13

The RT patch against v4.11.12 can be found here:

https://cdn.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/4.11/older/patch-4.11.12-rt13.patch.xz

The split quilt queue is available at:

https://cdn.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/4.11/older/patches-4.11.12-rt13.tar.xz

Sebastian