Re: [GIT PULL] x86/mm changes for v4.14: PCID support, 5-level paging support, Secure Memory Encryption support

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Sep 05 2017 - 18:33:49 EST

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 2:45 PM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have bisected a bit deeper, and the pcid code is definitely in that
> bisection window still. But are a fair number of other commits (about
> 160 right now)

Now down to 18.

And one of those 18 is commit 10af6235e0d3 ("x86/mm: Implement PCID
based optimization: try to preserve old TLB entries using PCID"),
which I guess is where the problem might actually start showing up if
it is pcid.

I'll continue to bisect rather than just test "nopcid", because I want
to get that bisection result regardless.

Linus