Re: Regression for Power PC in 4.14-rc0 - bisected to commit 31bfdb036f12

From: Andrew Donnellan
Date: Wed Sep 13 2017 - 20:39:06 EST

On 14/09/17 10:07, Larry Finger wrote:
When booting my PowerBook Aluminum G4, I get a pop-up screen that says "The system is running in low-graphics mode. Your screen, graphics card, and input device settings could not be detected correctly. You will need to configure these yourself." This is a big-endian 74xx CPU. The lscpu command says it is a PowerBook5,6 model.

This problem has been bisected to commit 31bfdb036f12 ("powerpc: Use instruction emulation infrastructure to handle alignment faults"). I am confident of the accuracy of the bisection.

Attached is the configuration.

Try with https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/813153/

(A selftest for the instruction emulation will make its way upstream eventually...)

--
Andrew Donnellan OzLabs, ADL Canberra
andrew.donnellan@xxxxxxxxxxx IBM Australia Limited