Re: RTL8192EE PCIe Wireless Network Adapter crashed with linux-4.13

From: Larry Finger
Date: Sat Sep 16 2017 - 13:26:27 EST

On 09/16/2017 06:27 AM, Zwindl wrote:
Hi, I've done the test, and the weird thing happened. The kernel buit with this config file https://ptpb.pw/HF1g which is from https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/linux-git/Â; can run properly, the wifi can connect, despite which version it is, but, with this config file https://ptpb.pw/7GuV which comes from the archlinux's official package build repo(linux-package <https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/trunk?h=packages/linux>), all the version begin with 4.13 was failed to connect wifi.
So, I think the issue is not caused by the kernel code, is caused by some options in the config file, but I can't fully understand the meaning of these options so that I can't determine which option caused that issue, what should I do now, maybe report this bug to archlinux's maintainer?
By the way, maybe I'll lost internet connection tomorrow, it's time to back to university, but I'm happy to help to push the debug progress.

Yes, you need to report this to archlinux's bugzilla or maintainer, whichever is appropriate. I have seen a configuration error cause some feature to be silently missing, but leading to a WARN is rare.

I looked at your two configurations, but did not see a definitive difference.

Larry