[GIT PULL] Pull request for 4.14 for IPMI

From: Corey Minyard
Date: Sun Sep 17 2017 - 22:02:57 EST

I wanted to let this sit in linux-next for as long as possible, since some of the
changes came in later than I would have liked. And I was hoping you would
wait until Monday to do 4.14-rc1. But I guess I shouldn't have waited.

Signed with a new key, that is now signed by my old key, and hopefully by
others since I asked people at LPC to sign it.

The following changes since commit 0b5477d9dabd96ded4c5ef7a5f08b00188fc1dec:

Merge tag 'drm-fixes-for-v4.13-rc3' of git://people.freedesktop.org/~airlied/linux (2017-07-27 19:54:53 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:

https://github.com/cminyard/linux-ipmi.git tags/for-linus-4.14

for you to fetch changes up to 80a46955998024494ab845d404683475607eefab:

ipmi: Remove the device id from ipmi_register_smi() (2017-09-08 14:11:12 -0500)

Signed with a new key, that is now signed by my old key, and hopefully by
others since I asked people at LPC to sign it.

A bunch of small bug fixes from others and myself and one functional
change:

The "device id" information for an IPMI BMC (holding version information,
product, manufacturer, etc) can change dynamically if the BMC is updated,
but it was only fetched once by the driver. Some people needed the
dynamic information, so I worked with them on a patch.

Then, since device id information was used for the name of the BMC in
sysfs, allowing it to be dynamic could result in confusion and named
collisions. This seems to by non-standard, so just use and ida to
name the BMC in sysfs.

Bhumika Goyal (1):
IPMI: make ipmi_poweroff_handler const

Colin Ian King (1):
char: ipmi: make function ipmi_get_info_from_resources static

Corey Minyard (12):
ipmi: fix unsigned long underflow
ipmi: Make IPMI panic strings always available
ipmi: Fix getting the GUID data
ipmi: Move bmc find routing to below bmc device type
ipmi: Check that the device type is BMC when scanning device
ipmi: Fix issues with BMC refcounts
ipmi: Prefer ACPI system interfaces over SMBIOS ones
ipmi: Rework BMC registration
ipmi: Fix printing the BMC guid
ipmi: Get the device id through a function
ipmi: Don't use BMC product/dev ids in the BMC name
ipmi: Remove the device id from ipmi_register_smi()

Hanjun Guo (1):
char: ipmi: eliminate misleading print info when being probed via ACPI

Jeremy Kerr (3):
ipmi: Add a reference from BMC devices to their interfaces
ipmi: Make ipmi_demangle_device_id more generic
ipmi: allow dynamic BMC version information

Documentation/IPMI.txt | 4 +-
drivers/char/ipmi/Kconfig | 27 +-
drivers/char/ipmi/ipmi_msghandler.c | 697 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------
drivers/char/ipmi/ipmi_powernv.c | 4 +-
drivers/char/ipmi/ipmi_poweroff.c | 2 +-
drivers/char/ipmi/ipmi_si_intf.c | 44 ++-
drivers/char/ipmi/ipmi_ssif.c | 18 -
drivers/char/ipmi/ipmi_watchdog.c | 11 +-
include/linux/ipmi.h | 6 +-
include/linux/ipmi_smi.h | 25 +-